Aamanns Genbo in Carlsberg Byen is looking for chefs and kitchen assistants full-time and part-time.
We are looking for passionate and structured chefs and kitchen assistants for our newest restaurant and takeaway in Carlsberg Byen, where commitment, job satisfaction, high quality, and extraordinary service become the focal point.
You will work with a high professional level, organic raw materials, skilled colleagues, precision, and service. Our menu features the best of our restaurants, offering everything from smørrebrød for lunch to a full dinner menu and snacks to accompany our carefully selected beers and wines.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to become part of a growing company, where you can shape your career and develop with us.
- Possibility of both full-time and part-time employment.
- Good colleagues who have fun when we are at work.
- Salary according to qualifications.
- Flexible planning of working hours with a focus on free time/studies.
- Working with high-quality, organic ingredients and skilled colleagues.
- Comprehensive training to ensure that newly hired employees are well-equipped and prepared to handle their assigned tasks.
As an employee at Aamanns, you will be part of an energetic working environment driven by people with a passion for what they do and a mission to develop us professionally and as a workplace. At times there can be pressure and the pace can be high, therefore we always work to deliver experiences that can be felt both by our guests and our employees. You are taught thoroughly, so that you are prepared to handle your tasks, and can quickly become part of a good community, where you are seen and heard if you have something on your mind.
As a colleague at Aamanns
At Aamanns, the good taste experience is the focal point of everything we do. Therefore, we expect you to be able to combine a high level of expertise and professional pride in your approach to work.
In our kitchens, the workflow is highly structured. This ensures the best working conditions, the best cooperation and thus also the quality of the food we serve. It is therefore important that you can work both independently and at the same time be an attentive team player who contributes to the kitchen functioning.
- You have experience in a professional kitchen.
- You are passionate about creating new, exciting food experiences.
- You can work independently and take responsibility.
- Your work is structured, and clean.
- You want to be part of a dedicated team and prioritize collaboration.
- You are capable of collaborating with individuals from diverse nationalities.
- You understand and speak English.
The position can be full-time and part-time and working hours are all days of the week. Salary by qualifications.
Employment starts as soon as possible.
If you are interested in this position, we surely hope that you will send us your CV. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]. Send your CV to [email protected] and title your email ‘Chef to Aamanns Genbo’ and let us know if it is full-time or part-time and if it’s for the chef or kitchen assistant position.
More about Aamanns
Aamanns was founded by chef Adam Aamann, who in 2006 opened our first smørrebrøds restaurant and Take Away in Østerbro in Copenhagen. Back then and today, the starting point is quality smørrebrød based on the classic Danish lunch kitchen but with a new interpretation. Today, Aamanns has several different places, all working with the same gastronomic set of values and transforming the high quality that we’re known for from our smørrebrød into other dishes.
The effort to revitalize and reinvent the smørrebrød has thrown much recognition our way. Both from the many happy regular guests, and from Danish and international reviewers. For example, the restaurants Aamanns Etablissement, and Aamanns 1921 have been recommended in Guide Michelin for many years. In 2019, we won the “smørrebrød of the Year” award from Danish Food Critics.
Today Aamanns consists of the following
- Aamanns Deli & Takeaway (since 2006)
- Aamanns Etablissement, lunch restaurant (since 2009)
- Aamanns Frokostordning (since 2015)
- Aamanns Køkken &Event, venue and canteen on Refshaleøen (since 2015)
- Aamanns 1921, restaurant (since 2017)
- Aamanns Replik at Skuespilhuset (since 2021)
- Aamanns GENBO, restaurant (since 2022)
- Aamanns Botanical Senses (soap series and lotion)
- Aamanns Kryddersnaps (snaps series)
- Aamanns cookbooks
Ecology, animal welfare, and sustainability
Sustainability, animal welfare, and ecology have always been strong values for us, and all our businesses are based on these basic elements. In 2019, three of our departments received the Organic Food Label in silver, which means 60-90% ecology in the kitchens, and we’re constantly working with sustainability in several areas, including food waste, waste sorting, packaging, etc. Aamanns currently participates in “Bæredygtig Bundlinje” in collaboration with the City of Copenhagen, DI, and Gate21.
We prepare everything on the menu of ingredients provided by our skilled suppliers and smaller local organic farms. We have worked with our suppliers for many years and appreciate the dialogue. In addition to the orders, we’re also involved in planning the production of next season’s ingredients.