About the job
We are looking for an experienced Sous Chef to join our passionate kitchen team of 12 employees from different nationalities with our Head Chef leading the team. You will be in a close partnership with our Head Chef, where days vary from creating beautiful dishes for our guests and sparring on menu suggestions.
Aamanns Replik is located in the iconic building housing Skuespilhuset. With one of the best views of the Copenhagen canals, we serve tasteful food experiences for lunch and dinner. At Replik the taste is in pride of place and the service is warm and welcoming.
The menu includes our well-known smørrebrød’ rooted in classical Danish cuisine – but with a modern twist adding new flavours and ideas. We do guarantee that everything is made with love for high-quality ingredients and great taste.
- You have at least two years of experience from one or more a la carte restaurants, and knowledge about large events and dinners
- You have a sense of quality ingredients and creativity in the kitchen
- You acknowledge what professional cooking requires and have enough motivation to be part of our philosophy
- You are flexible, have a positive attitude, and lead by example
- Your work is structured, clean, and purposeful
- You work independently and take responsibility You are a good colleague that contributes to a nice and fun work environment
At Aamanns Replik, you become part of a highly dedicated team, that focuses on quality ingredients and honest chef craftsmanship. You will also be part of a workplace with a young, international, and dynamic team that communicates respectfully and informally. As an employee at Replik, we will also make sure to keep you motivated and make your opinion count, when serving the best food, delivering unforgettable service and being a helpful colleague.
The position is full-time and working hours are every day of the week. Salary by qualifications. If you are interested in this position, we hope you will send us your CV (Danish or English). If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]
We are looking for a sous chef to start as soon as possible.
Send your CV to [email protected] and title your email S‘ous Chef Aamanns Replik’.
More about Aamanns
Aamanns was founded by chef Adam Aamann, who in 2006 opened our first smørrebrøds restaurant and Take-Away in Østerbro in Copenhagen. Back then and today, the starting point is quality smørrebrød based on the classic Danish lunch kitchen but with a new interpretation. Today, Aamanns has several different places, all working with the same gastronomic set of values and transforming the high quality that we’re known for from our smørrebrød into other dishes.
The effort to revitalize and reinvent the smørrebrød has thrown much recognition our way. Both from the many happy regular guests, but also from Danish and international reviewers. For example, the restaurants Aamanns Etablissement and Aamanns 1921 have been recommended in guide Michelin for many years. In 2019, we won the “smørrebrød of the year” award from Danish Food Critics.
Today Aamanns consists of the following
- Aamanns Deli & Takeaway (since 2006)
- Aamanns Etablissement, lunch restaurant (since 2009)
- Aamanns Frokostordning (since 2015)
- Aamanns Køkken &Event, venue and canteen on Refshaleøen (since 2015)
- Aamanns 1921, restaurant (since 2017)
- Aamanns Replik at Skuespilhuset (since 2021)
- Aamanns GENBO, restaurant (since 2022)
Aamanns Botanical Senses (soap series and lotion)
- Aamanns Kryddersnaps (snaps series)
- Aamanns cookbooks